According to the game official news post, some changes and improvements are made to RS Varrock Dig Site and The Dig Site quest. The whole area receives a visual upgrade, including some new NPC models.
Quality of life improvements in Varrock Dig Site
1. The globetrotter outfit now teleports you directly to a certain underground clue if you have completed Dig Site quest, not just to the winch.
2. The player character will no longer sink into the ground around the site.
3. The winches on the surface now properly match up with the relative positions of the caves below.
4. There is now a tool cupboard in the exam centre to replace any tools students or workmen might have misplaced.
RuneScape The Dig Site quest improvements
1. Hint boxes have been added to the quest.
2. Digging spots can now just be clicked on. There is no more “Use tool on soil” with a tiny click zone.
3. All hand-ins are now handled via left click interactions. There is no need to “Use item on NPC”.
4. The role of the curator has been replaced with a new NPC called Seth Minas to keep students on-site throughout the quest.
5. Cups of tea will now spawn in one of the new buildings in this area.
6. Groundskeeping work means that there are now fewer bushes to search for lost objects.
7. You can now carry multiple panning trays and fill them all up before having to check them.
8. If you try to pan with only full panning trays in your inventory, you will automatically check and empty one of your full panning trays first.
9. Pickpocketing is now the default option for members on Varrock Dig Site workmen.
10. The components of the chemical compound used in the quest can now all be found in the caves to better make use of this area.
11. Ammonium nitrate and nitroglycerine are now identified on pickup, and do not have to be taken to archaeological expert Terry Balando (though he is still able to identify any unidentified items you might still have lying around).
12. Leather boots and gloves are no longer required to dig at archaeological grids. You will still need the relevant qualification and tools.
13. Examiners will now provide the appropriate tools for each qualification, in an attempt to reduce theft on-site.
14. The Dig Site quest journal has been updated to reflect the changes made to the area.
What do you think about these changes to Varrock Dig Site and The Dig Site quest? When you want to buy RuneScape gold, you could come to RSorder and get the gold easily and fast.